It was Faith’s idea to be the Ninja Turtles, and a great idea it was! I didn’t even know she knew about them…. and I didn’t know there’s like 4 generations of them…. I used to watch them back in the day but looked much different. I gotta admit though, the new shows are pretty entertaining :)
I looked all over for costumes and didn’t see any that I really liked… so I took matters into my own hands and made them! It really wasn’t that hard, just took a bit of time. I love how they turned out, so much cooler than the store bought ones in my personal opinion! ;) If you want to see how I made them, read on… otherwise skip to the pictures :)
- With our shirts, I got a piece of yellow felt, rounded the corners and sewed across in black thread to make it look like turtle 6 pack ;)
- I used a circle skirt pattern for Faith and I with awesome scaly-like fabric, super easy skirt!
- For Spencer’s outfit, I found a dragon costume at Kid-to-Kid for cheap, cut off the spikes on top, and sewed yellow felt over belly (it was purple underneath which actually was great cuz his color was purple). Worked super good, it kept him warm on a chilly night too, unlike me… I was freezing!
- For the masks, I used green felt, then glued colored fabric on top and ribbon on the sides.
- For the belt, a thick strip of fabric with green felt circle and fabric letter sewed on top. Used velcro dots to make it stay on.
- For all the ties around knees and arms, I just cut strips of fabric.
- And the shells…. Turkey roaster pans from Dollar Store, spray painted green- also used green glitter blast on mine and Faith’s. Poked slits in top sides, slid ribbon through and tied around shoulders/behind back.
She’s got some major ninja faces here…. if I didn’t know any better, I’d think she IS a ninja. :)
Look at that serious face… don’t mess! ;)
He loved the mask ;) He was good to keep it on all through pictures!
Do turtles have tails? hah Well this one does!
I was Raphael and Tim was Michelangelo, he wanted the nunchucks :)
Ninja moves, forgot my cool knives!
I loved the shells!
A bunch of us gather in our circle with potluck and a fire pit, music and our buckets of candy for the trick-or-treaters. It’s fun to visit with awesome neighbors.
Faith was SO excited to trick-or-treat with her best friend!
Spence wasn’t quite sure about the fire…. but I was cozied up to it all night! Next year, full body fuzzy suit to stay warm! :)